Sunday, February 1, 2009

Tour of New Braunfels Day One

Going into my first race of the year, I (and I assume anyone else as well) never know what to expect, so this was more of a race to judge how I'm doing this year than anything else. I was fairly happy with how it went. I never struggled to stay in the pack, and it was usually pretty easy to move up whenever I found myself chatting with Matt Sauls and slowly moving backwards.
I wasn't expecting a win or anything, but I held a pretty good position on the last lap (around 15th or so), until in typical Omloop fashion someone in front of me went down about 500 meters from the finish and I had to bust out my mountain bike skills and do a little off-roading to go around him. But all in all, it was a good race. 60 mile road race today, lets see what happens.

Also, important notes from the weekend, part 1:
There is a big difference between making oatmeal with 1/2 cup of water and making oatmeal with 1 1/2 cups of water.

No comments: