Monday, January 19, 2009

So much for that...

Well, my plans of doing nothing started out good, but the afternoon ended up getting a little out of hand. Joseph called and talked me into going on a short easy ride down by town lake. We met up with Bennett (who actually remembered how to ride a bike!) and Logan and set off. The ride started out good, and we were all having a good time, but somewhere along the way Logan decided to put it in the big ring and pick up the pace. A lot. And I'm sitting back there on my singlespeed spinning away and getting dropped...
I asked him to slow it down once, but that didn't do very much so the second time I asked also involved me almost pulling him off of his bike. That time the message got across.
All in all it ended up being a 2.5 hour, pretty aerobically challenging ride, and my legs are toast after the last three days. Time for some El Chilito.