Saturday, November 15, 2008

Post-Hugel

I'm pretty sure that the Tour Das Hugel is the hardest thing I've ever done on a bike.

I left my apartment at 6:20, and ten hours later at 4:20 I was walking back inside. The actual ride (107 miles) only took 7.5 hours though, which considering what it is and how windy it was, I would say that isn't too shabby.

Here is the graph from my heart rate monitor, yes it's a little small, but thanks to the wonders of HTML, if you click on the picture, it will open up a bigger version!

What you're looking at:

Light Red line: Heart Rate - ignore this. It seems when the wind it really strong it messes this up for some reason. Take out all of the really tall peaks and it's somewhat accurate.

Dark Red Line: Altitude. Yeah, we went up and down a lot. Sweet.

Blue Line: Speed. Going uphill = low speed. Going downhill = high speed. Wow.

I'm pretty sure some of the climbs are represented fairly accurately by how steep they are on the chart...

There were a bunch of photographers out there - all at the top of steep hills for some reason... I'll put some pictures up whenever I can find them.

No comments: