Thursday, November 6, 2008

Architecture School

I had a test tonight. I didn't actually have to take it, because I did some optional homework assignment last week that could have counted for the same grade. I figured it wouldn't hurt to try and get a better grade, since the higher of the two would be taken.

Everyone else always complains about having to study for tests all the time, and I've usually thought they were making it into a bigger deal than it was. Tonight though, I realized that most people have a lot more tests than I do. Like, maybe ten a semester not counting finals. Compare that to my three (which in all reality could have been two)...

However, not having very many lecture classes is pretty much made up for by studio classes. So, before anyone starts saying anything about how easy architecture must be, remember that I've probably been up all night working on something for school more times than the average college student. I would say though, that my all nighters in studio are probably more fun than other peoples all nighters spent studying for calculus or something...

I guess, basically what I'm trying to say is I'm quite pleased with my choice to be an architect. And now its back to the drawing board to figure out how to fit an 8000 square foot building into a 4000 square foot hole...

No comments: