Thursday, April 2, 2009

Ze Bridge

In Construction we've been learning about various bridge type things, and got assigned an assignment to design a bridge. We're limited to material choices of wood, chipboard, string and glue.
It's due today, so me and the guy I'm working working with met last night to start. We talked about it for a while, and decided on an approach that will probably make them rewrite the assignment for next year - instead of using glue as a means of holding pieces together, we decided to cast some trusses out of epoxy.

I forgot to bring my camera with me for the process of building everything last night, and I don;t have it with me now either to get one of the finished project. I will, however, bring it with me tonight when we test it out (and hopefully it will be one of the ones thats strong enough that people have to start standing on it before it breaks), and get some pictures then!

While you're waiting, here is a pretty sweet song to keep you entertained! LINK

No comments: