Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What've I been up to?

You may ask. You may not. But I'm going to tell you either way. Deal with it.
Riding wise, I went out to City Park a couple times last week to get ready for the Emma's Revenge race last weekend. I hadn't ever been out to that trail before, and while it was as technical as everyone says, it was pretty fun too. Something different.

The race itself was kinda different too... Unlike most trails there were a lot of places that you just can't go fast on, and blah blah blah it made staying focused on the race one of the hardest things. I was going back and forth with one guy for the first half of the race or so, but unfortunately he ripped his derailure off and had to drop out. I ended up winning the under 30 class, and got 8th overall. (I wash I had known all the big boys had signed up for 30-39... Oh well.)
I have some pictures on my phone, but it isn't letting them leave at the moment...

Other than that, I had to wipe out Windows on my computer and when I put it back on the 'theme' I had been using wasn't there. It turned out I just hadn't reinstalled my video driver yet, but before I figured that out I decided that I might as well just use a custom theme. You know, how hard could that be?
Well, after the third Windows re-install I figured out what I had been doing wrong and now it is pretty simple. Four days later I think I'm done with it!

No comments: