Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Long Overdue Camp Eagle Race Report

Yep, finally here!
I think this was the first time I camped before a cross country race. It wasn't that bad. Except for the whole being hot thing, but still...

The Super D was Saturday morning. It went alright. I wasn't sure what to expect, but got 5th.
Then I went for a preride and decided that the course was definatly not one of my favorties (read: hardtail + lots of rocks = no bueno).

A short break followed that, then it was time to put back on the same kit I was wearing in the morning and go race the short track. It went alot better than the Super D, and despite starting really slow, like to the point people were asking what was wrong, I was able to pick it up good enough in the second half of the race to get 3rd!

That night I ate way too much at the "all you can eat" pasta dinner. But it was good.

The next morning was the XC. I wasn't expecting too much, but I still managed to have a decent race and get 6th. Bennett won by four minutes, so that was cool.

In other news, the Campus Computer Store is officially really stupid.

No comments: