Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hurricane of DEATH

I went to the grocery store yesterday, and at first was a little confused as to why I had to park about as far away as possible from the entrance as well as why it seemed like every person that lived in Austin had converged on the HEB. But soon enough I noticed the contents of everybody's carts: cases of bottled water and canned food. They were all preparing for the Hurricane Ike P. to come wipe out Austin today. I bought some ice cream and waited in line to get out the door. Yes you did read that right; there was a line to leave the store.

Anywho, today rolls around and I wake up and take a look at the weather forecast:


And a little further down the page:


It was actually a little cloudy until a few hours ago. Now it's nice and sunny with a nice little breeze...

I sure hope those people in the store yesterday like beans and water.

No comments: