Sunday, March 9, 2008

No offense to A+M, but...

Thanks for holding the (prehaps) dumbest race ever.

Actually, I don't know that "dumbest" is really the right word... It's more of a "comes down to luck, and riding ability really has nothing to do with the results" thing. Any time five people get flats in the first four minutes of the race...

Oh, and did you know that a cassette can fall off while you're riding? I didn't. But it seems that it can happen.

Then I got a flat.

By this time I had been standing on the side of the road so long that I only had to do 5 laps instead of 6. Possibly the only reason I even bothered finishing. Yeah...

If it wasn't for the 1/10 of the race that was on real pavement, I would just use my mountain bike next year. Maybe I'll use it anyway.

Then today: drove to Waco to ride Cameron Park. Rode 1/2 lap before I got a flat and it started to rain. Meh, it was on the way home (YAY SPRING BREAK!) and I might be going back out on Wednesday or something.

I have some awesome pictures from driving, but no cable for my camera...

No comments: